Sunday, June 24, 2018

Making some progress/

     As we progress through the list of needed repairs we really need to raise the debt ceiling! My new engine start battery was the cheapest item on the list, and that was $108.00. I have my new air conditioner installed finally, what a blessing that is with temps in the upper 90's and feels like temps around 112! That new unit is really working hard to keep the boat cool but it's doing a pretty good job. I've had some trouble with the new unit in that there isn't enough air circulation around the unit with the way it's mounted under the flybridge deck. I'm going to need some more vents in the deck up there to help cool the unit a bit more. Right now I've just removed some of the panels up there and that seems to provide a little more fresh air to the unit so it keeps running instead of cutting in and out like it was doing earlier. The total cost on the air conditioner and installation ran $2,072.58. That's a lot, but around $300.00 less than the first unit I installed myself, except this one doesn't have a heat pump but it's a 15k unit so it's a little bigger than the first one.

    Then there is my new Inverter/Charger. The unit is a Go Power 3000 watt unit and it cost me $1,417.98. I hired a couple guys from Fernandina Beach to come up and install it for me. I started removing the old one and gave up. I just don't bend enough anymore to work under the cabinets on the bridge. I haven't gotten the bill for the installation yet so I don't know the total cost of that but I imagine it will be quite a bit since they had to travel a couple hours to get up here and back plus the time on site working. I need to have a bigger circuit breaker installed for the new inverter so they will have to come back up to do that for me. I changed one breaker in that distribution panel and I don't really want to try to do it again. You have the really tear the thing apart to get to the breaker you want to replace. You have to take the whole row of breakers apart to replace one in that row and this one is a double main breaker which makes it that much more difficult to do. 

     I just about had my credit cards paid off, and now they will be back up there again. Oh well, it's only money. I just need to live long enough to pay them off, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment