Wednesday, June 13, 2018

We made it; but just barely!

      We limped into Brunswick Landing Marina on June 8th on one engine, no air conditioner, and no battery charger on my inverter. Something new seemed to be shutting down with every passing moment. I also cooked the port engine start battery. It must have shorted out or something, causing the port engine not to start. I tried to jump the engine with the starboard battery, and it still wouldn't start. The stater wouldn't even turn the engine over. So, I think maybe the starter on the port engine must have gotten damaged during the battery problems. I had normal voltage output readings on both engines so I don't think it was an overvoltage problem that caused the problem with the battery. I had a house battery do the same thing once, it just cooked and boiled over in the battery box. I do have a spare starter so I can change that out easy enough. I'm going to wait until Tim, my oldest son, gets here with our car and I can go downtown and get another battery. Then I can see if it is the starter or not. I have also ordered a new inverter/charger and made an appointment for an electrician to install it for me. I have also ordered a new air conditioner and have a local company ready to install it for me as soon as it gets here. This is really going to cost me a small fortune to get this boat back up and running again. I was just getting my credit cards paid off and now we're going back in debt again! 
     We got a slip close the the club house so we can take advantage of that free beer and wine they offer without having to walk too far. The marina is nice with floating docks which is a good thing, because there is a tide of around 6.8 feet here. The next high tide is tonight and is supposed to be 8.4 feet, floating docks are a must here.

No comments:

Post a Comment