Wednesday, December 25, 2019

A New Home

     Here it is, Christmas day of 2019 and we have a new home. We finally sold the Molly B although I really hated to part with her, I just couldn't keep up with the repairs anymore. All my artificial parts just don't seem to work well enough to do the work I needed to. We were in a slip at Morning Star Marina on St. Simon's Island in south east Georgia when a neighbor down the dock from us had a visitor and he told him about our boat being for sale and his visitor thought it might be just what his dad was looking for so he told his dad about it and his dad fell in love with the Molly B and bought her. So, there we were in the middle of October with no boat and no place to live. We had to find a house and quick. I had been looking around Frostproof, FL where we lived before we moved onto the boat and I found a little house in a sub-division called Sun Ray just a little ways out of Frostproof. We put a deposit on the house and applied for a loan. I didn't realize that it took four to six weeks to close on a house so we still had a long time to wait with no place to live. Linda and I decided to take a trip to Minnesota to visit my brother and my step dad since we hadn't seen either of them for over five years. It was good to see them again although we couldn't stay long because of the house deal. We also stopped at Woody's place in Michigan. Woody is the guy that helped work on the boat a bit when I was building it in Florida and it was a long time since I had seen him as well. We left Michigan and headed for Virginia to visit all the kids. It was really good to see everyone again. We headed back down to Florida and got an air bnb until we closed on the house on the 13th of November. We started moving in on the 18th of November. As I said, here it is December 25th and we are still moving in! Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter how long it takes to get moved in. We are doing some painting, insulating, and other work around the house getting it fixed up. We are going to replace the kitchen cabinets so that will take awhile. There was no insulation in the attic so we had to get that done, and the AC was about dead so we have to get that replaced, then we should be ready for the hot summer that's just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment