Friday, April 8, 2016

We've started the Loop

     We left Ft. Pierce, FL on the 1st of April and headed north on the first leg of our Loop. We've made it as far as Hilton Head, SC where we are sitting in a marina waiting for parts for my anchor winch again. This is the fifth time I have had to rebuild that thing. I would replace it if I could afford a new one but for now I'm just going to have to rebuild it again. It doesn't take long to do, ( I'm getting pretty good at it ) it's just a pain to have to do it so often. My auto pilot is acting up as well so I have a tech coming to take a look at that while we are here. I hope he can figure out what the problem is, then we will be heading for the AGLCA rendezvous in Norfolk, VA on the 2nd of May. We can't waste too much time here and still be able to make Norfolk by then.  I hope nothing else gives us a problem but this is after all boat and the problems never seem to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment