Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Still Waiting for Parts

     Well, we're still here! My parts were supposed to be here today but they sent them to Florida instead of South Carolina. So, I guess they won't be here now until tomorrow. I don't know when tomorrow so I don't know if we will be able to get underway tomorrow or not. It just might be another day if they don't get here until late in the afternoon. Typical I guess. At least they're going to refund what I paid for overnight shipping but I still have to pay for another night in the marina which will cost more than the refund. Such is life on the water. You have to depend on other people to make things happen and they don't always come through for you. Other than that, things are going pretty well. I've managed to get a few things done while we're sitting here so that's a plus. It's really turned hot again so it's hard to work outside and that's where I need to get a few more things done. I guess I'll have to wait until later in the evening when it cools down a bit. Hope it's a little cooler up north in Virginia.
     By the way, Volume IV of my journal is on the street in case anyone is interested. It took long enough but I finally got it published.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for a turbocharger for my port engine and they are now telling me Sept. 1 st.

    A month and a half wait for a part you would think would be on the shelf. :((

    ReplyDelete