Friday, July 25, 2014

A New Generator

      The guys that are going to replace my generator finally got my new one in on Wednesday the 23rd and on Thursday the 24th they came out to the marina and started taking the old one out. They got it all disconnected in the morning and started removing it in the afternoon. They got the old one out, and the new one in but they didn't get started hooking the new one up before it was 5 o'clock so I thought they would be back today, the 25th to finish the installation but they didn't show up. One guy stopped by this morning and said they were waiting for some parts and if they came in they would be back to finish the installation this afternoon. Well of course they didn't show up so I called the office and they said they would be out first thing Monday morning to finish. I asked why they couldn't at least come out and hook everything up today so when the parts did come in that would be all they would have left to do. They didn't really give me a answer but said again that they would be here first thing Monday. So, here we sit for another weekend. I need to be north of the Georgia boarder by the 1st of August which is at least a two day run from here so I was going to leave here Saturday or early Sunday morning at the latest. I told them I hope they could finish the installation in one day or less, because I had to leave here Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning at the latest and hope I could make the boarder by the 1st.
 
The old generator is coming out.
 
The new generator is going in.
 
     It wasn't an easy task, but these two guys worked hard to get the old one out and the new one set in the boat. It only took them about 2 - 1/2 hours to do it. Now I just have to get the new one all hooked up and running so I can get underway. Hope all goes well on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment