I've been working on the forward cabin for a long time now and I think I have finally come to the end of this part of the build. I have everything done up there except for one more hatch to trim out. You can go to the pictures of my construction and scroll down to the last photo and see what my forward cabin looks like now. Next comes the galley.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
I've been working down in the forward cabin area since I've been back to work. Once I completed my doors, I got the head completed and now I'm working on the stateroom. I have quite a bit done down there so far, and I'm just about ready to start putting it all together. I have my drawer fronts completed, my paneling is all cut and fit and ready for paint, I do have some of the paneling installed already, and I have almost completed the wiring for my outlets and lights in the stateroom. I have the port "V" berth panel cut and fit with the starboard side left to do. Once I get some of it put together, I will get some pictures posted of the results. It's looking pretty good, but it is taking a long time to put it all together.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
I am finally back to work at least part time. I'm working on the remaining doors for the cabinets in the forward cabin area. I have 25 doors left to complete. I couldn't believe how many doors there are in this boat. All together there are 39 cabinet doors including the galley cabinets. That's what you get when you try to make a storage compartment out of every nook and cranny in the boat. I have all the stiles and rails cut and profiled and am now working on the raised panels. Once I get all the doors installed, I need to run the wires for my anchor winch so I can finish the stateroom. Then I will be done with the forward cabin area. I'm making some progress and I hope it won't be too much longer before I'm ready to launch.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
I got my cast off yesterday, but I have to stay off my foot for another two or three weeks before I can get back to work. So, I guess I will be sitting around for just a bit longer. I sure hope this is the last of the new parts I'm going to need for awhile. I never will get the Molly B finished if this sort of thing keeps popping up.
Monday July 23, 2012
Believe it or not, I'm still sitting here waiting for this foot to heal. I am putting some weight on it now so maybe it won't be much longer before I can get back to work. I joined the AGLCA the other day, and have been reading a lot of the members blog posts about their trips. I'm really getting anxious to get the Molly B in the Water. It will be awhile yet before that day arrives but I'm really getting motivated to get started on our journey.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
I've spent some time updating my blog since I'm just sitting around waiting for my foot to heal so I can get back to work on the Molly B. I have nine more days to go before I can hopefully get this cast off, then maybe I can get back to work. This new foot has cost me almost 2 1/2 months so far, and I sure hope that's all the longer it will be!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I have neglected my blog over the past several months, I guess because nobody is following it anyway but I thought I had best post something just to keep it up to date. I have finished the Galley Cabinets and have moved down below forward to finish the paneling and headliners down there. I am currently working on the head and I almost have it ready for paint so things are coming along even though I'm rather slow. You can get better caught up on my online journal at www.journalofthemollyb.com.