Friday, September 16, 2016

Making Some Progress all-be-it Slow, Just Killing Time.

     We're making pretty good progress but we are really taking our time and going slow trying to kill some time. We can't be south of 30.5 degrees Lat. before the 1st of November because of our hull insurance as I mentioned before so we are going slow. We stayed at Green Turtle Bay for three weeks and had a good time there. We went out to dinner with some other loopers to a 5 star restaurant in downtown Grand Rivers. That was really great to spend some time with fellow loopers, even some famous ones. The dinner was really expensive but we had a great time. The Nina and Pinta sailing vessels were there giving tours, very impressive. We headed up the Tennessee River and anchored at Panther Bay South anchorage. On the 7th of September we headed for Pebble Isle Marina. We stayed there for a week and met up with the Nina and Pinta again. We left Pebble Isle Marina on the 14th of September and anchored at Lick Creek anchorage. Quite a large bay off the river, but very little water inside. we anchored in about 8 ft. of water on very soft mud. The anchor held all night but if a strong wind would have come up we most likely would have dragged the anchor because when I backed down on the anchor it moved but held ok without any power on the boat. It was nice and calm all night so no problems. We arrived at Clifton Marina on the 15th and will stay here until I get my computer fixed. I'm having trouble connecting to the internet and with my rear view camera so I hope I can get it fixed. I had a tech lady here all afternoon and she got the internet problem fixed but couldn't get the camera to work yet so some more help is coming to try to figure it out. We ran into the Nina and Pinta again here at Clifton. I asked them if they were following us and they said they got here first so we must be following them. I guess there're right.Below are a few pictures of the Nina and Pinta.

The Pinta

The Nina

The Pinta

The Molly B and the Pinta

The Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment