Monday, August 25, 2014

We Finally Made It!

     Here we are, we finally made it to Virginia after traveling 1,142 miles. Kind of a long trip but it was interesting to say the least. We had some problems along the way and it took us a lot longer than I thought it would, but I guess that was to be expected since this was our "Shake Down" cruise. I think we have most everything working as it should now with the exception of a few minor things that need attention. I think I'm turning too much pitch in my props so I'm thinking about having them re-pitched. I'm turning 19-20's right now, and my engines will turn a little over 3,000 RPM in neutral but I can only get 1900 RPM out of them with the screws turning. I just have to find someone that can figure out what the pitch should be for this hull and horsepower. 
     We found a really nice little marina on Wormley Creek just off the York river near Yorktown, VA. This is our old stomping grounds so we are familiar with this area although it's been a long time since we've been here and things have changed a bit. We're planning to stay here for a month or so before heading back to Florida for the winter. I guess you could call us "Snowbirds" now that we're on the move again after living in Florida for 15 years. It feels good to be "Free" again. We're both used to moving around rather than sitting in one place for very long. This living aboard the Molly B is really a different lifestyle but we are adjusting and I think it's growing on both Linda and I. Linda seems to be doing great with respect to the sea sickness worry. She gets sick in the back seat of a car so we were worried about her on the boat. We had some pretty rough water several times on the way up here and she really did well with little or no problems. I still can't sell her on the idea of running outside in the ocean instead of in the ditch though.
     Drop us a note when you can, we would love to hear from you.

"What a Life"


1 comment:

  1. Have a safe stay in Va. and hope too see you in Florida this Winter.

    ReplyDelete