I've finally finished the steering locker. I have all my shelves installed and braced, and since it was a little dark down there, I installed a couple of lights in there so I can find what I'm looking for. I have also started wiring my ISO transformer. I didn't understand how to hook that thing up so I contacted a marine electrician to come and show me how to do it but it would have cost $400.00 just to get him here and back to his shop so I decided I needed to do a little more research on the subject and see if I couldn't do it myself. I called the manufacturer and talked to one of their technical folks and he explained what I couldn't seem to understand. It wasn't really all that complicated once he explained the two different methods of wiring it up. He told me the method most often used and that turned out to be the easiest way to do it so I'm working on getting it all wired up. I'm having a lot of fun working with that #6 wire I used for the shore power line. I wish I had used something a bit smaller but now that its in there, I guess I will have to hook it up.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
The mast is finally all put together. It took some time, but there was a lot of equipment to install on the mast and the yardarms. It's ready to go on the boat now but I have to wait until I get the fly bridge finished up before I put it up. I will have to cut a hole in the roof to put it up so I don't want to get wet if it rains while I'm working on the fly bridge.
To go to my online Journal follow this link.