Sunday, July 28, 2013

Yard Arms and Mast Hardware


     I have finished my yard arms and they are ready to mount on the mast as soon as I get it painted. I used schedule 40 stainless steel pipe and polished it to a chrome like finish, a couple stainless steel flanges to mount them with and some end caps. They really look nice, and should provide a good mounting surface for some of my antennas.
     I've made three trips to the welding shop in the past few days, and I don't have my mast step and boom swivel completed yet. I had to have them change the hinged mast step because they put one of the hinge parts in the wrong place. I did get the boom swivel back (picture below) but I need to modify it just a bit to make it work properly. That's what happens when you design something yourself. You have to get it built before you can tell if it is going to work the way you want it to. It's hard to see if everything is going to clear when it moves, on the drawings. So far the problems have been minor so it will be easy to fix. This little contraption will allow the mast boom to swivel left and right as well as up and down.
This is my Mast Boom Swivel
 


No comments:

Post a Comment